Gift Basket Shopping
Unlike other gift baskets, a gourmet gift basket is certain to contain the one thing everyone needs and loves - food! Follow these tips to ensure a happy experience when purchasing gourmet gift baskets:
- Be sure to order your gift basket several days ahead of time. Most gift baskets are sent by ground courier. If you do not order ahead, you may have to pay a premium price, or your package may not arrive on time.
- Check state laws before sending any alcohol in your gift basket. Many companies do not warn about prohibitions against alcohol deliveries in destination states.
- Simplest advice to avoid customs hassles? Order from a company in the country or area to which you are sending. You will also save on tariffs, duties and other extra costs.
- Before selecting your gift basket, imagine yourself as the gift recipient. What would you really like? What will you definitely have no use for? What might really be a pleasant surprise?
- Consider the allergies of your recipient and also other people that might be nearby. Some people have strong reactions to nut oils, perfumes and other items.
- Send a gift that reflects your relationship and also shows that you know the person you are sending to. For example, send the golf lover a golf-themed gift basket.
Here are some gift baskets for occasions you better not miss!:
- anniversary gift baskets
- Easter gift baskets
- Father's Day gift baskets
- Mother's Day gift baskets
- Valentines' Day gift baskets
Never underestimate the power of a simple, thoughtful gift basket to calm an argument or help cement a relationship!